NHL playoff quarter finals JUST ended with the last of the first 8 series ending with Tampa Lightning victorious.
That’s a lot of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey! We’ve only just passed the NHL quarterfinals and have already witnessed countless miraculous plays, three-game-deficit come-back attempts and history, and a four-game-sweep. A total of 49 NHL playoff games already. Semifinals haven’t even begun yet!
We’ve seen the team that was first place out of all the 30 teams in the National Hockey League for most of this entire season (Canucks) beat out last season’s NHL Champions (Blackhawks), who’ll have to pass on the Stanley Cup to some other team this year. Chicago put up a near history-making fight though, in their come-back effort from a three nothing series.
We were treated to a four game SWEEP by Detroit Redwings over Phoenix Coyotes.
These other three NHL Conference Quarterfinal Playoff Series were uber-exciting too.
- Nashville Predators 4 games to 2 over Anaheim Ducks
- San Jose Sharks 4 games to 2 over LA Kings
- Washington Capitals 4 games to 1 over the NY Rangers
NHL Quarterfinal Playoff Series Excitement
We endured 4 edge-of-the-seat, seven game series in NHL 2011 quarterfinal playoff hockey:
- Vancouver Canucks 4 games to Chicago Blackhawks’ 3.
- Philadelphia Flyers history-making 4 game come-back in response to Buffalo Sabres’ 3 game lead.
- Boston Bruins 4 games versus Montreal Canadiens’ 3 .
- Tampa Lightning over Pittsburgh Penguins 4 games to 3 ending this series with a shut out for Rolly on the Penguins’ ice.
That’s a lot of great NHL hockey playoffs, but there’s a WHOLE lot more coming. Can you stand it?